Saving energy costs and tackling R22 legislation
R22, what is it?
R22 is a refrigerant gas which is commonly used in refrigeration and air-conditioning systems and is Ozone Depleting. Under EC regulations on Ozone Depleting Substances (2037/2000), a ban on the use of all HCFCs, including recycled R22 refrigerant from 1 January 2015 is being implemented.
Why is this important?
This means that the only source of R22 gas available in the market to service your installed equipment will be recycled, which will become more and more expensive as it becomes less available.
A further major issue is the availability of spare parts for R22 equipment. Leading manufacturers will reduce their parts holding programmes which will make the repair of existing R22 equipment more difficult. Manufacturers will generally only guarantee product support for ten years and the last supplied R22 AC systems are now almost ten years old.
How ID Scotia can help
New HVAC systems can be over 20% more efficient than existing old systems, bringing considerable energy savings to customers. By incorporating new technology into the R22 programme, a new air conditioning system may represent the best long term investment to you and reduce the alternative cost of retaining aging equipment.
Our business plan includes:
- - An on-site energy insight report to understand a buildings energy consumption;
- - Safe disposal of any extracted R22 refrigerant in line with legislation
- - A detailed survey of the installed equipment and its likely lifespan;
- - An assessment of the options available to you which include replacement, refit or retrofit;
- - Calculation of the likely savings, CO2 reductions and the payback period on such new investment;
- - A bespoke funding package, allowing the cost of the upgrade to be spread for up to four years;
ID HVAC & Energy, ID Scotia's sister company deliver signifcant energy savings to Fitness First's leisure club in Jersey as part of a R22 Mechanical Refurbishment Project.
ID Scotia has successfully secured a maintenance contract with Menzies Distribution.
ID Scotia is pleased to announce that it has secured the heating maintenance contract with West Lothian College.